Albumen print, Carte-de-visite, mid 1850s to 1858
Witih the E. Jacob's & Co. 93 Camp St., New Orleans studio stamp mount verso. NOTE: Jacobs opened his gallery at the corner of Camp and Canal in 1844 as a daguerreotypist. He worked in photograpy until 1858 when he moved to Europe to study painting. One year later, he returned to the U.S., advertising himself as a painter of miniatures and a professor of art.