|Augustus William Ericson (United States)|
|Untitled, Trinidad Light, Humboldt County, California|
|Collodion print, 1885 to 1890|
With the photograper's name and the number printed in the negative. NOTE: The Trinidad Head Light Station, part of the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1871. The low, square brick tower was only 20 feet above ground, but the headland on which it stands gives it an elevation of 196 feet above the sea. The fog-signal building was constructed in 1898, in 1947 the lens in the lighthouse was changed, and in 1974, the lighthouse was automated by the Coast Guard. It is still operational today.
|Size:||9 x 7 in. (23 x 18 cm.)|
|Back to Gallery Page|
Copyright © 2001 - 2018, KaufmaNelson. All rights reserved.